News Around the Web
There's nothing like a hot cup of coffee to get you through the long work day, and some places are better suited to providing some good coffee. Luckily for us locals, New Orleans was...
New Orleans Sports & Fitness
Attention all high school senior student-athletes of the Greater New Orleans area; now is your time to shine! Chevron is sponsoring the High School Scholar Athlete of the Week award......
Are you interested in starting and accelerating your technology-based business? The Idea Village on Camp Street is currently accepting applications for their VILLAGEx 2022 program,......
If life within a pandemic for a year-and-a-half or the stress stemming from the aftermath of the most devastating hurricane in the last 15 years isn't horrific enough for you, then it is at......
Besides Mardi Gras, Halloween may be New Orleans's most favorite holiday. Much like the relationship between Mardi Gras and Ash Wednesday, Halloween is observed the night before the Roman......
New Orleans Photos
With the closure of Dick & Jenny's came Mister Mao, owned and operated by wife and husband team Chef Sophina Uong and William "Wildcat" Greenwell. The veteran culinary and cocktail......
Who doesn't love chocolate? Originating in the Americas and enjoyed by ancient civilizations like the Olmecs, Maya, and Aztecs, chocolate is now an international known treat that is perfect for many different types of dessert. It's truly versatile! In honor of National Chocolate Day on October 28, here are five New Orleans establishments...
Before Halloween was about drinking and trying to have sex with someone dressed like a plant, it was about candy. Costumes?? You might argue. But if you slap on a bandana and an eye patch and say "aarg," people will SHOWER you with treats big and small until your heart explodes (aside from a very few "grumps," who we refuse to...
$20 and Under
Are you the type of person who will gladly eat the gratis portion cup of slaw, even after it's warm from sitting next to a pile of hot Raising Cane's chicken fingers? Is pulled pork, smoked low 'n' slow, just not complete without a cool, tangy pile of shredded cabbage as a counterbalance? Do you trust to fate when attending a family barbecue,...
More From NOLA Life
- Dead End: New Orleanians’ Cemeteries
- Po-Boy Views: Jazz Fest or Bust
- Local Middle School Band Needs Help Recovering from Hurricane Ida
- Tales from the Quarter: Rituals of Respect
- Multimillion Dollar Show Announced for Caesars New Orleans in 2024
- Arts Council New Orleans Announces Open Call for Art of the Black Experience
- Po-Boy Views: Objective Reality or Negative Capability
- Tales from the Quarter: Proud to Serve
- Where Y’at Magazine Wins Three 1st Place Excellence in Journalism Awards
Besides Mardi Gras, Halloween may be New Orleans's most favorite holiday. Much like the relationship between Mardi Gras and Ash Wednesday, Halloween is observed the night before the Roman Catholic All Saints Day on November 1.
Pchum Ben Khmer [wikimedia common /...
New Orleans News
Yes, that Stormy Daniels. Actress, model, and mom: Stormy Daniels is now a bonafide ghostbuster. Along with her crew, she's storming across the country, seeking out the dead among us and collecting proof of their existence. Her unusual path to this vocation is full of twists, turns, and even terror. The Spooky Babes Paranormal Investigation team, Stormy Daniels and Justin Loupe host "Spooky Babes" [courtesy "Spooky Babes"] Stormy...
New Orleans News
Honestly, how long has it been since you all attended a parade? Don't think too hard on that, because this news will not fail you! Louisiana Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser, the Louisiana Office of Tourism, and Macy's Inc. have announced that there will be a celebration of the birthplace of jazz, Cajun and Creole cuisine, and Mardi Gras in one of America's most famous parades. Of course, this is the boot, so in true Louisiana...
More From Entertainment
- Big Night New Orleans Releases New Year’s Eve Music Lineup
- Dueling Critics: Venom: Let There Be Carnage
- Film Review: The Many Saints of Newark
- Streaming Just Got Better This Fall: Here’s What’s New to Watch
- Sound of Cinema: Jon Vogl and the Art of Sound Design
- The Nightstream Film Fest’s Horror Program Is Announced
- Rock Music Legends Return to New Orleans
- 32nd Annual New Orleans Film Festival Announces Its Competition Lineup
- Film Review: Malignant
- Come Together & Feel the Music: NOLAxNOLA Lineup Announced
- Film Review: Cry Macho
- Brand New Irma Thomas Documentary to Air on WYES in October
- New Orleans Film Festival Plans Hybrid 2021 Fest
If life within a pandemic for a year-and-a-half or the stress stemming from the aftermath of the most devastating hurricane in the last 15 years isn't horrific enough for you, then it is at least time to add some entertainment value to your scares, just in time for...
John Carpenter's 1978 original Halloween is quite an experience. It's scary and shocking, but also exciting and fun, like being lost in a haunted house at the amusement park. And you are rooting for the young, innocent babysitter to survive the assault from "The Boogeyman." The new film in the series is Halloween Kills, which is the second film in a trilogy that is supposed to be a direct sequel to the 1978 original, erasing all the...
In 2005, Christopher Nolan changed the landscape of franchise films with his dark, gritty Batman Begins. A similarly dark and gritty reboot of James Bond followed with 2006's Casino Royale. I thoroughly enjoyed both Nolan's Batman trilogy and Casino Royale. They're excellent films and they felt fresh and different at the time. But after director Cary Joji Fukunaga's No Time to Die, which will be Daniel Craig's final outing as Bond, I...
Around the Web
News Around the Web
There's nothing like a hot cup of coffee to get you through the long work day, and some places are better suited to providing some good coffee. Luckily for us locals, New Orleans was recently ranked as one of the top coffee cities in the United States. According to a study by WalletHub, which looked at 100 different cities across...
News Around the Web
The fall is already exuding the spirit of giving. A lot is going on in the city, and what it has to offer is sure to ease everyone's minds. PJ's Coffee of New Orleans is partnering with Ochsner Health and Ochsner Cancer Institute's "All In Against Cancer" initiative to raise money for medical treatment and new cancer therapies and...
News Around the Web
According to Roasty Coffee, New Orleans ranks as America's 9th most caffeinated city. You're probably tweaking off your double shots of espresso right now just reading this—and that's ok! It's most likely part of your morning routine to make your own cup of coffee or grab one from your local coffee shop. Many of you are college...
- NOLA Ranks High as a Caffeinated City, But Not for Pumpkin Spice
- New Orleans Is Ranked 2nd Greatest Party City in the World
- NOLA Named One of the Top American Cities for Burger Lovers
- Sportsman’s Paradise Isn't So Happy, According to Study
- September is Bourbon Heritage Month!
- Visit Baton Rouge Launches Mobile Passport to Encourage Exploration in La’s Capital
- New Orleans is the 10th Most Pet Friendly City in the U.S.
- An Adventure in Every Bite: New Girl Scout Cookie Joins Lineup for 2022 Season
- New Orleans Voted 5th Most Photographed Celebrity Neighborhoods
- “Two” Good to be True: Get Two FREE Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with Proof of Vaccination!
- New Orleans Wine and Food Experience Voted 4th Best Wine Festival in the U.S.
- Louisiana’s Economic Impact Goes Live: Report Publishes Importance of Live Music
- NOLA Female Motorcycle Gang Inspires Rihanna’s Newest Lingerie
- If You’re a Sagittarius, New Orleans is The Place to Be!
- New Orleans Ranked 7th Best City in the World for Travel & Airbnb Quality
- Study Names Orleans Parish with the Least Equitable School Districts in Louisiana
- Bay Area Bars to Require Proof of Vaccination
Where Y'at Carla? Metro Halloween Fright Night
Sports & Fitness
- Running For a Cause: Big Easy Big Heart 5K on July 17
- NOLA has Wiiings: Redesigning the Basketball Scene in New Orleans
- Brees vs. Brady, Round 3: The Predestined Playoff Showdown
- Tulane to Play in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on December 22
- Five Spots to Watch the Saints Play the Eagles This Weekend
- Study Shows Less People Will Go to the Gym in 2021
- Rivalry Week: Saints and LSU Ready to Battle Familiar Foes
- Responsibly Hit the Slopes in Big Sky
- Taysom Time! Saints and Tigers Prepare for Thanksgiving Road Trips
- NOAC’s 113th Annual Turkey Trot Goes Virtual
- First Tee Ladies Raise Over $15,000 for Local Female Youth
- Pedal to the Metal: New Orleans Aiming to Extend Winning Streak to Six Against San Francisco