The annual Pushpin Show is a photographic art exhibition for members of the New Orleans Photo Alliance to showcase their work, as well as network. It will take place at the NOPA Gallery on 7800 Oak St. Participating members will be able to use pushpins provided by NOPA to pin their work onto a wall in the gallery for others to see.
Members can pin their work on April 1 and April 2 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on April 3 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
A reception for the show will take place on Saturday, April 3, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and, for safety, masks will be required and no more than 10 people are allowed in the gallery at any time.
There will also be a sidewalk sale during the reception. This will include NOPA's own collection, as well as local vendors' original photos, photography equipment, photography books, or other photo-related products.
According to the New Orleans Photo Alliance, these are the guidelines for anyone wishing to participate in the event:
· The Pushpin event is exclusive to New Orleans Photo Alliance members, but you can sign up to become a member at the door.
· After signing up, you can pin up your work. Membership dues start at $35 and $20 for students.
· You cannot pin your work until a NOPA staff member at the gallery verifies/registers your membership.
· Each participant is given 20" x 24" of wall space to pin their work.
· Works with frames are not recommended.
· NOPA will provide pushpins to all participating members.
· Once work is pinned, it must remain pinned until the end of the Pushpin Show.
· No work can be moved.
· No handling of other members' work is permitted.
· Participants are encouraged to leave business cards or any contacts along with work.
· All sales are between buyer and photographer. NOPA will not charge commission and will not assume responsibility for any transactions.
· Photographers may reclaim their work by April 15 at 6 p.m., following the second Tuesday program on April 13.
For more information, please visit the New Orleans Photo Alliance's website.