Where Y’at Chat Questions (March 2019):
- Spring has sprung! Pair me a spring entrée with a drink.
- What is the most bizarre taste you've ever experienced?
- You are an award-winning chef with a tattoo. What's your tattoo?
- Happy St. Patty’s Day! What about you is "SAINTLY"?
- March is International Listening Awareness Month. When did you last eavesdrop on a conversation?
Chef/Owner, Gabrielle Restaurant
- Stuffed Crawfish Squash Blossom with Papa Diablo Mezcal.
- Eating jellyfish in Hawaii.
- A blue star! I'm a sailor.
- Being a semi-pro Catholic!
- I can't remember.
General Manager, Gabrielle Restaurant
- Cadbury Eggs with mimosas.
- Receipt paper after blotting my lipstick.
- My signature dish.
- I'm a Saint for the WHO DAT NATION!
- EVERY night at work!
Owner, Gabrielle Restaurant
- Panéed rabbit with fettuccini and rosé.
- Foie gras, slightly crudo.
- A cat!
- Doing my husband's laundry.
Assistant Program Director/Personality, Cumulus Radio
- Trout meunière and floral white wine.
- Steak Lagniappe. Tastes like tuna.
- “Food is Love.”
- My friendships.
- Last Tuesday.
Horticultural Assistant, City Park
- Chicken and sausage gumbo and pinot noir.
- A bad oyster.
- The ones I have. More? Money?
- Need me at the last minute? I'M THERE!
- 10 minutes ago.
Dr. Corey Hébert
- Fresh grilled fish and ice-cold beer!
- Sea urchin.
- “Eat with me and greet with me.”
- My commitment to HUMANITY!
- Six years ago.
Marketing Manager, Live Nation New Orleans
- Fried oysters and rosé.
- Pizza—in the Midwest!
- The Grateful Dead Bertha.
- My smile.
- Last week.
Co-Owner, New Orleans Secrets Tours
- Chargrilled oysters and a true Cuban daiquiri!
- Thai curry and peanut gelato.
- A pan with BBQ shrimp in it.
- My pancho with the New Orleans Saints insignia.
- Yesterday. Actually, ALWAYS!
President, Greater Mid-City Business Association
- Trout Banana and chardonnay!
- A loaf of bread with the word thou.
- My love of people.
- A French entrée and champagne.
- Fried pâté.
- A fleur de lis with three roses.
- Appreciating the St. Louis Cathedral.
- In Old Metairie at the Blue Line Restaurant.
Chefs Greg and Mary Sonnier first opened Gabrielle Restaurant in 1992 on Esplanade Avenue. Now located on Orleans Avenue, Gabrielle is where award-winning Chef Sonnier serves his take on Cajun/New Orleans cuisine. If you like dark roux, pan sauces, fresh seafood, smoked meats, or homemade sausages, this is the place for you!