The Ground Breaking Sazerac House Opening 2018 on Canal and Magazine St on Tuesday, Janurary 31, 2017.
Sazerac House Fact Sheet
SAZERAC HOUSE - Fact Sheet
• The Sazerac Company has had its roots in New Orleans since 1850.
• This building sits just a few hundred yards from the original Sazerac Coffee House which was
on Exchange Alley in the French Quarter.
• This is the first true “homeplace” for the Sazerac Company.
• The size of the Sazerac House is approximately 48,000 square feet.
• The building has been vacant since the 1980s.
• There are five floors in the building.
- Floors one through three will be museum/exhibit space.
- Floor four will be meeting space.
- Floor five will be Sazerac employee offices.
• 45 new jobs will be created; 60 Sazerac employees total are expected to inhabit this space.
• As much as the original architecture and design elements as possible will be preserved as renovations take place.
• The museum will focus on the history of the cocktails, including the world famous Sazerac Cocktail and Sazerac’s connection to New Orleans.
• Tours will be self-guided with docents stationed at key points along the route.
• Admission to the Sazerac House will be free and tours will be complimentary. Selected Sazerac products and branded merchandise will be available for
purchase in the gift shop.
• Expected completion date is October 2018.
• Upon completion, 100,000 visitors are projected for year one.