- One word: Sensory
- What to try: 60 Minute Massage
- The best part: Serra Wobbema is a genius and founder of WobbeMassage. She is expertly trained and takes great pride in her training as a massage therapist. She currently operates out of her home in a private suite, however, she dreams of plans for opening her own studio and school in New Orleans. I sincerely enjoyed talking to Serra, booking online was a breeze, and the price tag definitely doesn’t hurt! This is an affordable, and luxurious experience you won't want to miss.
- Bodhisattva Tea Spa
- One word: Ethereal
- What to try: The Infrared Sauna & Relaxation Therapy
- The best part: This place transports you from New Orleans to the rustic, spice-filled corners of India with the turn of a doorknob. Filled with a plethora of herbs and teas this spa is appealing to your taste buds, your skin and aching body. If you are looking for deep relaxation and an experience in learning a little bit more about yourself try the spa's signature Relaxation Therapy with Yolanda. During this treatment Yolanda or the therapist of your choice will begin by analyzing your dosha, which is an auryvedic or holistic term for your unique mind-body composition derived from the elements such as earth or fire. You won't believe how accurately your dosha represents your personality and body type. Your experience is then tailored to your specific composition, you are given a full body massage, and a chakra or energy balancing treatment.
- Ritz-Carlton Spa, New Orleans
- One word: First-Class
- What to try: The Voodoo Massage (or any other signature treatment - you won't be disappointed.)
- The best part: Being treated like royalty. The Ritz Carlton effortlessly goes the extra mile to make you feel completely relaxed. The amenities that are included in your spa treatment make the price of the experience a reasonable expenditure whenever you decide to treat yourself or a loved one.
- Belladonnna Day Spa
- One word: One-Stop-Shop
- What to try: The Setting: Outdoor Tea Gardens
- The best part :Come in to shop Belladonna's excellent displays and assortment of goodies that make holiday (and everyday) shopping a breeze. In addition to a lovely boutique, Bellladonna offers a variety of spa services. Their extensive grounds make you may only take a few steps to arrive to, but you feel as if you've travelled around the globe. The staff is genuine and the goods are great. Stop by to shop or stay a while and relax - whichever form of therapy you prefer there is surely something for everyone.
- The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- One word: A Dream
- What to try: The HydraFacial
- The best part: I absolutely adored the atmosphere at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. It is dimly lit, so you feel as if you are already relaxed p as you are led to your treatment of choice. The hydrafacial is perfect to accompany a big night, your big day, or any day.
- Pura Vida Massage Therapy
- One word: Personal
- What to try: The Lomi Lomi Massage
- The best part: No one says it better than Pura Vida Massage Therapist Amy G. Robertson: "I have been in practice for 16 years and as such, practice a wide variety of modalities including deep tissue, Lomi Lomi, sports, pre and post natal, reiki, hot stone and Thai massage. I usually utilize multiple disciplines in each massage, pulling together whatever tools will best serve the client in the moment."
- Spa Aria (French Quarter) & Shine Day Spa (Mid-City)
- One word: Location
- What to try: The Bio-Nap & Fire + Ice
- The best part: Continence - with one location in the French Quarter and another in Mid-City these spa owners are looking to build a local and tourist clientele that they can tailor services to building the ultimate experience.