While Jazz Fest has been canceled, that doesn't mean the music and fun has to stop. On October 7, the Hendrix Heads & Tails - A Funk Tribute to Jimi Hendrix will be taking place at NOLA Brewing Company, located at 3001 Tchoupitoulas St.
The concert will feature the likes of Terence Higgins, Ivan Neville, Luther Dickenson, Ed Williams, Tony Hall, and Jonathan Long, as well as Talking Grass, a bluegrass tribute to the Talking Heads, serving as an opening act.
Pizza provided by NOLA Pizza Co., as well as an outdoor shrimp and crab boil, will be available at the event. Doors will open at 6 p.m., with performances starting at 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now at Eventbrite, with early bird tickets $15 and standard online sale being $20. For anyone looking to purchase tickets at the door of the event, it'll be $30.
In addition, NOLA Brewing is hosting free music for the remainder of September. Upcoming performances are as follows:
· Thurs., Sep, 16: Name That Tune Trivia presented by Electric Y'at Quartet (6-8 p.m.; Barrel Room)
· Fri., Sep. 17: Eric Johanson (5-8 p.m.; Barrel Room)
· Sat., Sep. 18: John Paul Carmody (5-8 p.m.; Barrel Room)
· Sun., Sep. 19: Brewgrass Sunday: The Tanglers (3-6 p.m.; Barrel Room)
· Thurs., Sep. 23: Name That Tune Trivia presented by Electric Y'at Quartet (6-8 p.m.; Barrel Room)
· Sat., Sep. 25: Russell Batiste & Friends (5-8 p.m.; Warehouse)