About Where Y'at Magazine
New Orlean's premier lifestyle and entertainment monthly magazine for over 20 years. Featuring celebrity interviews, the best in fine dining to po-boy shops, art exhibits, special events, and the best in live music, it's the go-to publications that has all the right answers to the obvious question: Where Y'at?
- Writing & Communications (Print, Digital)
- Graphic Design (Print, Digital)
- New Media (Website, Email, Social Media)
- Marketing & Sales
We want high-energy, goal-orientated individuals to promote metropolitan New Orleans—one of the premier historical, architectural, cultural, arts + entertainment, food, and music destinations in the world! We are seeking adaptive personalities with the ability to contribute to ongoing, time-sensitive projects using initiative directly impacting the economic vitality of the the New Orleans area.
Applicants must be reliable and resourceful individuals with an enthusiastic interest and knowledge of metropolitan New Orleans. Candidates will demonstrating proficiency in relevant programs, and the ability to work within a collaborative team environment publishing informative and relevant stories about our area for a large online and print readership. Through our internship program, interns will experience all aspects magazine publication to assure familiarity with, and sensitivity toward, activities and events, audience of readers, as well as businesses and organizations that comprise the publication's advertisers. Knowledge and interest of the City of New Orleans, including navigating the city and its surrounding towns is imperative to success in this internship.
Our Internship Offers
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the economic development of Greater New Orleans
- Remote work during pandemic protocols—Uptown location for work and play, normally
- Real-world, multifaceted experience(s)
- Networking opportunities
- Fun, challenging, and exciting work assignments
- Experience in participating and/or interacting with events
- Familiarity with Oxford, Chicago, and AP styles for print and online writing (blogging, social media, etc.)
- Enhancing confidence along with project-management, time-management, and relationship-building skills
- Unique opportunity to experience metropolitan area and activities, inside and out.
- Addition of professional portfolio & CV projects.
- Strong professional references and contacts
- College credits (when applicable)
- 4-6 positions available each 3-month cycle
Emailed Resume, Cover Letter, and explain your goals in the internship. Writing-focused interns are required to submit a writing sample (does not need to be published and no more than 150 words).
- Valid ID and proof of citizenship
- Interpersonal communication (verbal and written)
- Moderate lifting
- Frequent walking and standing
- Possible driving (not required)
- Computer work (typing, mouse work) and other repetitive activities
- Internships are non-paying positions, but as you will be the face of Where Y'at Magazine, your resourcefulness and initiative will afford you the responsibilities, experience, and knowledge that will provide invaluable credentials for your professional career.