2nd Annual NOTCF Honors Gala
The New Orleans Tourism and Cultural Fund is hosting its second annual NOTCF Honors Gala on January 13, 2024, at The Sugar Mill from 7 to 11 p.m. NOTCF is a non-profit corporation dealing with economic development and committed to supporting the local cultural economy and tourism offerings.
Known colloquially as the "cultural Emmys," the Honors Gala is a one-of-a-kind immersive experience that honors eight cultural artists in six specific sectors: Entertainment, Culinary Arts, Literary Arts & Humanities, Preservation, Visual Arts, and Design. As NOTCF's signature fundraising event, they hope to elevate, preserve, and sustain the culture that is such a key part of our local economy.
Tickets are available for purchase on Eventbrite starting at $500 per ticket. Guests can also purchase Sponsorship packages to pledge their support and enjoy an elevated experience.
WWL-TV's Charisse Gibson is the host of this year's event, which will include a Patron Party, live entertainment, a chef-curated menu, dessert reception, local artist curated lounges, and much more. The Honors Gala this year is sure to be a fun time while also in support of a great cause.
NOTCF President and CEO Lisa D. Alexis has stated in a press release, "In 2023, the NOTCF Honors Gala, in its inaugural year, was a success because of the community's commitment to preserving and sustaining New Orleans culture. It is our responsibility to not only enjoy the cultural experiences that we have at our doorstep, but also help the artists that contribute to our culture by supporting them with resources, funding, and programs to sustain their work for generations to come."
This year, NOTCF will be partnering with WWL-TV as the official gala media sponsor. WWL President and General Manager Tod A. Smith said that WWL is "once again thrilled to help recognize those who make New Orleans one of the most unique cities in the world. Culture is New Orleans' calling card and at WWL-TV, we are proud to support and celebrate those whose passion, dedication and hard work keep the flames of our culture burning each and every day."
2nd Annual NOTCF Honors Gala Recipients
2024 Lifetime Achievement - Germaine Bazzle
2024 Emerging Artist - Nathaniel Cameron Jr.
2024 Established Artists:
- Culinary Arts - Linda Green
- Design - Nik Richard
- Entertainment - Big Chief Shaka Zulu
- Literary Arts and Humanities - Megan Braden-Perry
- Preservation - Herreast Harrison
- Visual Arts and Crafts - Brandan "BMIKE" Odums
Visual artist Sheleen Jones will present the honorees with their awards during a special presentation at the gala. All awards follow a five-tiered selection process, involving multiple rounds, nominations submitted by community residents, and an anonymous deliberation by the selection committee.
The 2024 Selection Committee consists of:
- Jay Cicero, Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation
- Tod Smith, WWL TV
- Emily Madero, French Quarter Festivals, Inc
- William Andrews, Ogden Museum
- Arthur Rogers, Arthur Rogers Gallery
- Hakeem Holmes, Essence Festival of Culture
- Asali Ecclesiastes, Ashè Cultural Arts Center
- Diana Holmes, JP Morgan Chase
- Dr. Jarrett Johnson, Money Wasters Social Aid and Pleasure Club
- Cheryl Landrieu, New Orleans Book Festival
- Queen Tahj Williams, Golden Eagles Tribe
- Gerald Duhon, New Orleans Culinary Hospitality Institute
- Sabrina Short, NOLAvate