Cape Wickham may sound like a veritable success story: opened in October 2015, it debuted in the third spot of the Australian Golf Digest's Top 100 list this year. No wonder: the course convinced the judges of the magazine with its amazing design and compelling aesthetics, even before it officially opened its doors. "Designed by Mike DeVries, with views of Bass Strait on every hole. The land is gently undulating and interspersed with giant sand dunes and ridges," Ausgolf writes of this amazing, picturesque course.
More From Travel
- Vail: Taking the Scenic Route Towards Change
- The Best Greens Down Under
- One Ocean Resort: A Perfect Southern Destination for Relaxation
- Limin on Nevis: The Island Less Travelled
- 7 Gems of San Francisco
- Key West to NOLA and Vice Versa
- Why Your Next Weekend Getaway Needs to Be Downtown Houston
- New Orleans Attractions Beyond the French Quarter
- Summer in Memphis
- A Camping Trip of Errors: Palmetto Island State Park Adventure
- Summer by the San Francisco Bay
- You say Sint Maarten; I say Saint-Martin
- A Spring Break for Adults
Mardi Gras isn’t for everyone. Between the crowds, the noise, and the parking problems, some folks like to pack up the car and get out of Dodge. When it comes to top family vacation spots that are within driving distance, local New Orleanians are out of...
The Story Behind Frank Lloyd Wright and the Arizona Biltmore If the Arizona Biltmore Hotel could talk, the old Grande Dame would probably sit you down in a cozy chair in front of one of her outdoor fire pits and tell you a story or two. She would muse about the serendipitous timing of her gala grand opening just before the great stock market crash of 1929. She would reminisce about the decades of stories involving...
It’s no big secret that the world envies New Orleans’ culinary largess. But we all know it takes more than a dash of Tabasco and some cayenne pepper to duplicate the magic that emanates from our local talents. So I suppose that it’s only fitting that if our way of cooking was going to migrate anywhere it might as well be at the hands of the creators, not the imitators. But it was with hearty reservation and...