Ever been to Jazz Fest? Trying to decide whether or not you should go? Whether you're a vet who’s been every season or a noob trying to figure out if it's right for you, take a look at this quick itinerary and be transported through the magic of....A Day In The Life of Jazz Fest.
More From Culture
- 15 Ways To Use A Bandana At Jazz Fest
- Adventures in Driving for Uber
- L'chaim Or To Jazz Fest...
- A Local's Life: How Two New Orleanians Celebrate Jazz Fest
- Graduation and High School Memories...
- A Day in the Life of Jazz Fest...
- Political Persuasion
- Gretna Welcomes a New Festival with the Mainstreet New Music Theatre Festival
- Rinse and Repeat OR Aging (Dis)gracefully
- Crescent City Classics (CCC) and Running Memories
- The Bodyguard, the Musical Brings the Music of Whitney Houston and So Much More
- Poverty in New Orleans
- Theater Comes to the Westbank with the Gretna Mainstreet New Music Theatre Festival
Okay, cats and hats, off we go like a herd of turtles to the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, hereafter referred to as simply Jazz Fest. I personally welcome you to the first weekend of Jazz Fest. Our roads have been paved and sidewalks straightened like you’re off...
New Orleans needs an intervention, a come-to-Jesus talking-to, a mentoring. Our city needs a mom! I have written about litter before and even before that. Little to no response either time. Oh sure, there are those who care and take time to stoop and scoop up litter. But I would venture to say most New Orleanians just don’t give a good gawd damn. However, I still believe there is hope that we can change...
This year’s lineup for New Orleans’s annual blowout concert series, popularly dubbed “Jazz Fest,” is a real doozy, but it raises some questions. How did a festival that started with a minimal setup, devoted to authentic local jazz musicians and drawing a scant crowd of locals, grow into a bombastic spectacle that gathers musicians and fans from all genres into Mid-City each spring? It’s an achievement that only...